Students who seek admission in the first year medicine should have passed higher secondary school certificate or 12 years of education with passes in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
Students with school certificate of 10 or 11 years study need to do one year preparatory course (premedical program). Courses in mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology and English form the basis of this program. This program offers the students to complete their higher secondary schooling. Upon successful completion, students receive our Higher School Diploma and are eligible to enroll in as a first-year medical student.
Admission applications are accepted from 1st of March till 1st of November. Classes start from 1st of September but students for first-year can join their classes till 15th of November. Students who will arrive after 15th of November can join only in Preparatory course (premedical course).
The following necessary documents should be submitted before the admission:
- Valid passport with Ukrainian study visa
- Application for entering the University
- Personal particulars of the student entering the University
- Original copy of the certificate of secondary education with the list of having been studied disciplines got marks and its translation into the Ukrainian language.
- Medical certificate about the absence of contraindications for study at the higher medical institution of Ukraine
- Insurance policy of Ukraine insurance company for rendering first aid
- Photos sized 4×6 cm (8 pieces)
- Receipt of payment for one year of study and accommodation before the beginning of study at the University.
Students with transfer credit who apply to Kharkiv National Medical University must submit the following:
- Official academic transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities
- School Certificates
- Application form